Sam, Josh, and Justin question why anyone still support the Vatican– distinct from Catholicism. They also wonder to what degree our union is crumbling at the hands of Christian dominionists. They answer a listener’s request to delve into how religious faith primes believers against skepticality, and address the fears of a confused, semi-agnostic Christian, and survive the Ice-chaton.
Meanwhile, the study Sam references is from Princeton.
- Weather is happening in the Coastal Pacific Northwest
- Nuns systematically abused by clerics, coerced into abortion
- Tehran bans dogs in public & cars
- Roberts tips SCOTUS ruling temporarily in favor of Louisiana abortion access
- Muslim denied access to Imam during execution, with protest of religious rights violation
- Anti-vaxxers protest at pro-vax hearing in Olympia
I’m trying to leave Christianity behind me but a something is really hold me back.
The one thing is how people say it was prophesied that Israel would be founded in a day, and that according to the parable of the fig tree, the fig tree is supposed to be Israel and that this is the Generation that will see the return of Jesus. According to a couple scholars like F Kenton Beshore, a generation is 80 years which puts 2021 (minus seven for the tribulation) as the time.
I’m not a scholar, I don’t know who to ask so I’m asking an Atheist for help on interpreting this or how they even got it. Sorry to bother. Jacob from The Internet