After putting her life in order since her home was destroyed by a tornado in May of 2013, Rebecca Vitsmun has been hard at work on creating and launching Humanist Disaster Recovery Teams with the Foundation Beyond Belief. Welcome back to the show!
The article from space.com Sam mentioned is here.
Moment of Science Cited Sources
1. Nowakowski, R. S. (2006). Stable neuron numbers from cradle to grave.Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 103(33), 12219-12220.
2. Gould, E., & Gross, C. G. (2002). Neurogenesis in adult mammals: some progress and problems. The Journal of Neuroscience, 22(3), 619-623.
3. Sabyasachi Sircar (2007). Medical Physiology. Thieme Publishing Group. p. 536.
4. Jacobs, D. K., Nakanishi, N., Yuan, D., Camara, A., Nichols, S. A., & Hartenstein, V. (2007). Evolution of sensory structures in basal metazoa.Integrative and Comparative Biology, 47(5), 712-723.
5. Ruppert EE, Fox RS, Barnes RD (2004).Invertebrate Zoology (7 ed.). Brooks / Cole. pp. 111–124.