Sam’s back in the studio with Tyson and Dan, raging about coffee machines and creepy RVs. We also revisit the interesting questions about Muslims in Space (which is not a show on Netflix yet) and maltreatment of Elephants in a “For Science!” segment.
Also, did you receive indoctrination about the inherent values of monotheism? Sam wants to know!
- Ask an Atheist Has A New Domain Name: atheist.radio
- Humanists of Washington and Seattle Atheists, along with the University Unitarian Humanists, cordially invite freethinkers and their families and friends from Seattle and beyond to celebrate the coming winter solstice with our annual Solstice Potluck! Saturday, December 9, 2017 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM University Unitarian Church, 6556 35th Ave. NE, Seattle, WA. Children are a welcome and essential part of this celebration! We’ll have some craft activities for them and welcome teens who wish to help facilitate and assist with this. This year we are encouraging attendees to bring new socks to donate to Treehouse, an organization benefiting foster youth in the greater Seattle area, and feminine hygiene products to benefit women and girls at Cascade Women’s Program, Hammond House women’s program, and Hopelink.
- The crew and co-hosts of Ask An Atheist will be special guests at the Tri-City Freethinkers’ Solstice Celebration! We’ll update about our plans as they unfold, but expect the full production team, including Sam Mulvey, Rebecca Friedman, Meredith Taylor, Wes Bonetti, and regular host Josh. More info is found by joining the Tricity Freethinkers at meetup.com or at tricityfreethinkers.org
- 5th grade teacher caught hosting lunchtime bible study
- KEURIG, HANNITY, & MOORE: Coffee InHannity
- UAE unveils Martian plans
The “day of rage” in Jerusalem was cancelled last Saturday morning. Sadly, due to disagreement on how it should be executed. Interest [did not break] 1000 people, and the disagreement was mainly about taking the [short] demonstration into ultra orthodox “territory”. The argument was that it would be an unnecessary provocation. So, no “day of rage” […] but the weekly protest against the religious sub-group that terrorizes secular parts in Jerusalem continued. Last week, stones were thrown, even [without the protest], and only a few people were there to document what the religious would do after several months of secular presence blocking their disturbance.
BluePrint from The Internet
I know it seems a bit off topic, but I don’t know many Tacoma people yet, so I thought I’d ask you folks. If Tacoma reaches 300k people and qualifies for a monorail initative, where do you think it would go?
Charles from Seattle