Humanists of Washington and Seattle Atheists, along with the University Unitarian Humanists, cordially invite freethinkers and their families and friends from Seattle and beyond to celebrate the coming winter solstice with our annual Solstice Potluck!
Saturday, December 9, 2017 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM University Unitarian Church, 6556 35th Ave. NE, Seattle, WA
Children are a welcome and essential part of this celebration! We’ll have some craft activities for them and welcome teens who wish to help facilitate and assist with this.
This year we are encouraging attendees to bring new socks to donate to Treehouse, an organization benefiting foster youth in the greater Seattle area, and feminine hygiene products to benefit women and girls at Cascade Women’s Program, Hammond House women’s program, and Hopelink.
- Sitting congressman Jared Huffman reveals he is a Humanist, nonbeliever, skeptic
- Atheist/Scientist Andrew Zwicker wins reelection to NJ General Assembly
- American Legion petitions court to reconsider Forty Foot Cross decision
- Liberal Jerusalemites host Secular Day of Rage
- Rabbi compares same-sex marriage to human-extraterrestrial unions to defend Christian cake baker
- Senate Candidate Roy Moore accused of dating, molesting teen girls in his early career
- Politicians defend Moore’s alleged underage dates and sexual contact as biblical
- Polling puts opponent Doug Jones slightly ahead of Moore in light of allegations
- Advertisers pull support from Hannity after Moore defense
- GOP Senate election committee refuses to continue funding Moore’s campaign
Thanks to listeners Justin from Tacoma and Eva from Maryland for providing us with questions for Audra Killingsworth!