Robert Ray of Secular Yakking podcast and The Original Motto Project joins Becky and Meredith to talk about the U.N, Satanists, the separation of church and state, and the history of In God We Trust. Sam has a discussion with Robert about being how activists deal with negative feedback.
- High School graduate sues for being told to “shut up” about her atheist views.
- FL judge rules Brevard County must allow atheists to give invocations.
- Tunisians arrested for assaulting a feminist school teacher.
- Too much Jesus in Topeka correctional facilities.
- Satanist loses case against “In God We Trust” on money.
- “IGWT” celebrates 60 years of being on US paper currency.
- Nikki Haley votes “no” on U.N. resolution condemning the death penalty for specific forms of conduct such as adultery and homosexuality.
- US clarifies it actually IS against murdering LGBT people.
- Religious freedom is kinda a big deal for the U.N.
Do you ever wonder if the term atheist is too broad a group to ask a meaningful question to? Atheists in my experience tend to be extremely diverse in what they believe, support, and/or know. This makes asking questions of atheists a difficult proposition as the resulting answer will only be valid for the person who gave me the answer and not the population as a whole.
Robert from Arizona